A classic berry tart has crumbly crust with a juicy filling of berries. It is mid of summers which is the perfect season to bake the tart as they are filled with different berries and this is the perfect season to get the fresh berries. They are terrifically easy and colorful enough for a party.
It has a crispy and flaky texture tart filled with chocolate syrup and berry filling. It has fresh and dried berries. A buttery crust with fresh and ripe berries. It has strawberry, blueberry, and cranberry but you can also use raspberries or any other berries according to your choice. To make perfect berry tart you need to make a perfect tart shell.
The crust of the tart needs to be firm enough to hold, but not so firm that it is tough and chewy. The perfect crust is similar to a butter pie crust, but with the addition of powdered sugar, and little vanilla, and an egg gives you the firm and flaky texture. No need to roll it out. You can just press the crumbly dough mixture directly into the pan. Then you pre-bake the crust until golden brown.
Read More: Recipe Of Fruity Tart Chaat
When the perfect tart is ready then comes the filling which accomplishes them. It has berry filling in this filling I have used strawberry, blueberry, and cranberries and cook them with honey till it becomes mushy and then added muesli and fix it well. I have added muesli to give a crunch to the filling. Muesli has dried fruits and nuts which taste good with berries.
Finally berry tart needs to be assembled in this tart I have used chocolate sauce in the base then scoop the berry filling on the tarts and garnish it with powdered sugar. In this recipe, I have used chocolate sauce in tart instead of cream cheese.
Variation In Filling
In filling you can use mascarpone cheese (a slightly acidic Italian cream cheese) with whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla, and a touch of orange zest for sparkle and blend it well. Now fill the tart with mascarpone filling and arrange the berries on top of the mascarpone filled crust and top with some melted jelly to make them glisten. Bake for 20 minutes then top with remaining berries and dust with icing sugar. Bake a further 15-20 minutes until the pastry is golden and the mascarpone is set in the center.
The cream cheese layer tastes light and citrusy and combined with the crisp pastry and sweet, tangy berries, it’s a heavenly summer dessert. It is full of fresh berries and cream cheese filling with a crispy crust. It is a perfect delight for a party or to enjoy with friends.
Berry Tart Recipe
- All-purpose flour 200 gm
- Butter 100 gm
- Sugar pinch
- Ice cold water 3 tbsp
- Museli 1/2 cup
- Strawberry 1/2 cup
- Blueberry 1/2 cup
- Dried cranberries 1/4 cup
- Honey 2 tbsp
- Chocolate syrup 3 tbsp
- Powdered sugar 1 tbsp
- Mix the butter and all-purpose flour with the fingers until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of cold water and knead very gently to bring them together to form a ball.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal small balls.
- Flat the dough in the rolling pin.
- Place the dough in the center of the mini tart pan, press the dough with your thumb to form the shape and size of the mini tart pan.
- Pierce the bottom of the crust with a fork. This will help them prevent the puffing up while baking.
- Bake it for 10-12mins at 200°C or till golden brown.
- In a pan add strawberry, blueberry, dried cranberry, and honey.
- Let it cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add muesli and mix well.
- Now in a tart spread chocolate sauce.
- Scoop the berry filling.
- Garnish it with powdered sugar.