I think pumpkin is just something that I can never eat it but this cookie sound interesting. Pumpkin cookies are the latest version of cookies which are not only healthy but are also tempting at the same time. These low-fat cookies are prepared with pumpkin puree and are soft, fluffy, and thick in texture
With the name of pumpkin in cookies you are like are you serious that cookie made from a pumpkin? Pumpkin is not the most loved vegetable but this fusion makes this interesting. But yes a pumpkin can be flavored as a tastier cookie which has great flavor and melting moments in the mouth. With a creamy frosting and smooth crunchy texture. Pumpkin gives the treat of crispy cookies with creamy frosting.
Generally, pumpkin has a mild sweetness that can often taste bland in cookies. Plus a velvety cream cheese frosting is generously spread on top along with crunchy pecans for texture. The soft and pillowy part of these cookies was what I was trying to create with this recipe. They are almost muffin-like, yet still, have a slight chewiness of a cookie. If you want a bit crisper around the edges, bake for a few additional minutes
I love how rolling the dough in powdered sugar gives them that crinkle cookie look. Their resemblance to a snow-covered mountain peak makes them decidedly winter-ish and cozy. Sometimes the powdered sugar melts into the dough before you bake it, and won’t be as visible when they come out of the oven. You can roll them in powdered sugar twice if you’d like to see that powdery crackle.
Some changes can be done in the recipe that you can roll the powdered sugar in the dough and gives them that crinkle cookie look, and their resemblance to a snow-covered mountain peak makes them decidedly wintery and cozy.
Sometimes the powdered sugar melts into the dough before you bake it, and won’t be as visible when they come out of the oven. You can roll them in powdered sugar twice if you’d like to see that powdery crackle.
Read More: squashy dhoklas
Variation In Pumpkin Cookies
- For convenience, you can use pumpkin puree to make the cookie.
- You can use crunchy pecans for the texture.
- Mix semi-sweet chocolates or white chocolate chips.
- Make it chai flavored by adding cardamom, anise, allspice, and black pepper to the cookie dough.
For cream frosting softened butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and a touch of cinnamon are whipped together until smooth and spreadable. The consistency should be thick enough to stay put on top of the cookie without running off. Make sure to refrigerate the cookies within a few hours once you add the frosting.
Recipe Pumpkin Cookies
- Butter 2 cups
- Granulated sugar 2 cups
- Baking powder 2 tsp
- Baking soda 2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Cinnamon 2 tsp
- Nutmeg 1 tsp
- Egg 2
- Vanilla extract 2 tsp
- Pumpkin 15 oz
- Flour 4 cups
- Cream cheese frosting
- Butter 1/2 cup
- Cream cheese 8 oz
- Powdered sugar 3/4 cup
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Cinnamon Sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer beat 2 cups butter on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined then add and beat in pumpkin.
- Add the flour slowly until combined.
- Drop dough by the tablespoon or small cookie dough scoop onto a non-stick baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until tops are set.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool.
- Beat all of the ingredients until soft and whipped.
- Frost cooled cookies and sprinkle with cinnamon.