The zingy parcel is one of the sides available in dominos it is a stuffed roll with cheese and paneer seasoned with Italian seasoning. It is spicy, tangy, and sinful to indulge in. But I made this recipe with some changes and a fusion recipe. Chilli paneer zingy parcel is stuffed with spicy chili paneer. A crispy paneer piece is tossed in a spicy sauce mixed with onion and capsicum.
You guys are going to love this recipe that can be tried at once. I say ‘must-try’ because it’s unbelievably easy to make and I guarantee that you won’t mess it up. These are impressive, fancy but so simple to make. Baked to perfection and tastes divine- perfect accompaniment to your dinner table or when you have gatherings with friends and relatives.
These zingy parcels have a beautiful golden crust on the outside but pillowy soft inside. What I love about these parcels is how easily these come together. Perfect to try right now for your family and get them all excited. These will also be great as an appetizer for your future get together or house parties. Bonus point is these heat beautifully in OTG and microwave. You can make them in advance and store in the refrigerator for up to two days.
There are two main elements here – dough and paneer filling. The recipe starts by preparing the dough which is pretty similar to the basic pizza dough recipe. Unlike pizza dough, this dough needs to be proved for a minimum of 4 hours ( More you prove it, the better. We did it for about 8-10 hours and I can’t tell you how amazing these parcels tasted). The second element is the paneer filling which tastes tangy, spicy, saucy all at the same time. Paneer is coated with an all-purpose flour and cornflour mixture, deep-fried and then mixed with onions, capsicum, and a spicy sauce.
Once the dough has risen, roll out the dough, fold edges to form a triangle and then add paneer filling before clipping all the sides together to pack the parcel. Then just brush with garlic butter and bake in the oven. The amazing smell makes your grave. I also brush little garlic butter again once they are baked to add that gorgeous shine on the zingy parcels. Sprinkle herbs on top to give nice texture and flavor.
Read More : Indo Chinese Chilli Paneer
In my last recipe, I have shared chili paneer recipe you can check the full recipe but in that recipe, I have used large cubes of paneer, capsicum, and onion so in the zingy parcel you have to stuff so use smaller pieces and it will easy to fill.
Chilli Paneer Zingy Parcel
- All-purpose flour 2 cups
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Yeast 1 tbsp
- Warm water 1/4 cup
- Sugar pinch
- Water 3/4 cup
- Dried herbs (optional) 1 tsp
- Garlic powder (optional) 1 tsp
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Paneer (small cubed) 1/2 cup
- Corn flour 2 tbsp + 1 tsp
- All-purpose flour 1/4 cup
- Oil for deep frying
- Water 1/4 cup
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- Garlic (chopped) 1 tbsp
- Ginger (chopped) 1 tbsp
- Onion (small cubed and layers separated) 1
- Green chilies 2-3
- Capsicum (small cubed) 1
- Red chili paste 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce 2 tbsp
- Vinegar 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper 1 tsp
For Garlic Butter
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Dried herbs 1/2 tsp
- Garlic (grated) 4-5
- Salt pinch
- In a bowl, mix sugar and yeast with 1/4th cup lukewarm water and set aside for 15 mins.
- In another big bowl, mix plain flour, salt, dried herbs, and garlic powder properly.
- Make a well in the center and add frothy yeast and then also add the rest of the water slowly and start preparing the dough.
- Once the dough has been prepared, work it on your kitchen slab for a while with your hand so that it is smooth and develops gluten. The final dough should be soft and smooth. (It’s very imp that you work the dough for 10 mins to make it smooth)
- Now grease the same bowl with oil and place the dough in the bowl. Cover with a cloth and set aside for at least 4 hours to prove.
- Mix cornflour, all-purpose flour, and salt in a bowl.
- Mix well using your fingers until it forms a crumbly mixture.
- Add little water and make a batter.
- Now add paneer in the batter and mix it well.
- Deep fry the paneer in the pan and when it becomes crisp and golden strain it in the kitchen towel.
- Mix cornflour and water in a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok.
- Add spring onion white, ginger, and garlic and fry for a minute on high heat.
- Add onion, green chili, and capsicum and fry for another minute.
- Now add red chili paste, soy sauce, vinegar, salt, and black pepper powder and cook for a minute.
- Add the cornflour slurry and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Switch off the heat and let the sauce cool down a bit.
- After 5 minutes, add the fried paneer in the sauce and toss well to coat them with the sauce.
Assembling And Baking
- After 4 hours, divide the dough into 8 portions and start preparing parcels. (Don’t punch out the air).
- Roll out each dough into roundlets, a little smaller chapati (medium size and semi-thick), and fold the edges over to form a triangle. Seal the edges properly by pressing with hand.
- Fill the chili paneer filling.
- Now bring all three sides together and fold over each other and press with your hands lightly so the sides are packed together.
- Brush with garlic butter and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees until done or slightly golden.
- Brush with melted garlic butter again once they are out of the oven and serve hot.
- Serve it with sauce or ketchup.