Cheese Masala Macaroni is a mouthwatering pasta dish with a desi or Indian twist. This Indian style paste is spicy, loaded with cheese, and is perfect to serve for breakfast or lunch. dish with a desi or Indian twist. This Indian style paste is spicy, loaded with cheese, and is perfect to serve for breakfast or lunch. It is often prepared without cheese as compared to the traditional Italian pasta recipes.
The Indian style pasta recipe does not require any ready pasta sauce recipe and can be prepared with tomato sauce and tomato puree. It has a typical desi flavor which is infused with Italian and Indian mix. It is one of those dishes that is said to be Continental but with a twist of Indian taste to it. It has a great combination of cheese and tomato sauce which makes it creamy and tangy. The use of Indian spices and Italian seasoning enhances the taste. You can add a few sauces like soy sauce and chili sauce for nice color and flavor.
What Is Macaroni?
It is dry pasta shaped like narrow tubes. Made with durum wheat, it is commonly cut in short lengths; curved macaroni may be referred to as elbow macaroni. The name comes from Italian maccheroni, plural form of maccherone. The many variants sometimes differ from each other because of the texture of each pasta. It refers to elbow-shaped pasta similar to macaroni in North American culture. It’s dry pasta and you will be surprised to know macaroni was not even considered as pasta in the early ’80s.
It is the dish that is loved by not only kids it is loved by all age groups and can enlighten the mood. This Continental recipe can be made at home easily without a fuss. The ingredients required to prepare this delicious dish are macaroni, tomato ketchup, bell peppers, onion, butter, cheese, and seasonings. You can add a variety of vegetables according to your choice which makes the macaroni healthy too.
Read More : Creamy White Sauce Pasta
In this recipe, you can use any variety of pasta, though macaroni, spaghetti & penne go well in this recipe. I have used elbow-shaped pasta for this recipe. You can also use any cylindrical cone-shaped, spiral, or any other desired shape pasta for this simple recipe.
Tips For Cooking Macaroni
- When water starts boiling then only add macaroni to it.
- Stir it occasionally as it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- After straining wash them with cold water it does not become mushy.
- Toss them with a tablespoon of oil so it does not become sticky.
Cheese Masala Macaroni Recipe
- Macaroni 1 cup
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Onion (chopped) 1/2 cup
- Ginger 1 inch
- Garlic 4 cloves
- Green chili 1
- Tomato 2
- Capsicum (finely cubed) 1/4 cup
- Carrot (finely cubed) 1/4 cup
- Beans (cut into small pieces) 1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Italian seasoning 1 tsp
- Red chili sauce 2 tsp
- Tomato ketchup 2 tbsp
- Soy sauce 1 tsp
- Salt as taste
- Processed cheese (grated) 1/4 cup
- Heat water in a large pot.
- When the water starts boiling, add a tablespoon of salt and macaroni.
- Boil till it becomes soft. Drain and toss with a tbsp of oil and keep aside.
- In a grinder add diced tomato, ginger, garlic, green chili, and make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, add onions.
- Add capsicum, carrot, and beans.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add tomato paste and let it cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, Italian seasoning, salt, red chili sauce, tomato ketchup, and soy sauce and processed cheese and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add boiled macaroni and mix it well garnish it grated cheese on top.