White Sauce Pasta is an Italian delight that is a creamy and cheesy pasta that also packed with butter stir-fried veggies. It is a creamy and cheese delight tossed in penne pasta. It has butter sauteed vegetables which make it more creamy and rich. A basic white sauce that was whisked to the creaminess and a bunch of veggies and pasta tossed in it for pure comfort food.
It is a creamy and cheesy pasta in which you can add any veggies that you like in pasta – sweet corn, mushroom, green peas, carrots, bell pepper, olives, and broccoli. In this recipe, I have used carrots, bell pepper, sweet corn, and broccoli. It gives the crunch to the pasta and packed with nutrients.
This white sauce is also known as béchamel sauce and has its origin in French cuisine. Béchamel sauce is a simple sauce made usually with butter, flour, and milk. Equal amounts of butter and flour are used and the flour is generally cooked in melted butter for a minute or so to get rid of the raw flour. After this, milk is added slowly to the pot while whisking continuously. As the milk mixes with the flour and warms up, it gradually starts to thicken and after a few minutes of whisking and simmering what you are left with is a silky smooth sauce. For pasta add cream to make it creamy and cheesy.
Read More : PIZZA PINWHEEL
History Of Béchamel Sauce
The word “sauce” is a French word that means a relish to make our food more appetizing. Sauces are liquid or semi-liquid foods devised to make other foods look, smell, and taste better, and hence be more easily digested and more beneficial.
It is originated in Italy, the béchamel sauce is the standard white sauce. Immigrating from Tuscany, Italy to the royalty of France, the béchamel, previously named Balsamella, was easily adapted into the rich French cuisine. They renamed it after the chief steward to King Louis XIV, the marquis de Bechamel, and quickly found several delicious recipes to adapt it into.
Tips To Make White Sauce Pasta
- When pasta is cooked and at the time of draining use cold water it will avoid pasta from sticking.
- To make the pasta less creamy use milk only skip the cheese.
- While stir-frying the veggies add olive oil with butter it will give the glace to the veggies.
- While pouring the milk stir continuously if you will stop it will form lumps.
- If you want more pasta and less sauce then reduce the quantity of pasta to 1.5 cups or even 1 cup.
Recipe For White Sauce Pasta
- Penne pasta 2 cup
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Water 4 cups
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Corn 1/4 cup
- Carrot 1/4 cup
- Green bell pepper 1/4 cup
- Red bell pepper 1/4 cup
- Broccoli 1/4 cup
- Salt as taste
For White Sauce
- Butter 1 1/2 tbsp
- All-purpose flour 2 tbsp
- Milk 250 ml
- Cheese 1/2 cup
- Oregano 1/4 tsp
- Red chili flakes 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp
- In a large pot boil, the water adds salt and pasta. Cook according to package instructions till it becomes soft. Drain, wash with cold water, and set aside.
- In another pan, add olive oil and butter and heat till the butter has melted.
- Add broccoli florets, corn, carrot, and bell peppers. Season with salt and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
White Sauce Pasta
- Heat the butter in the pan.
- Add all-purpose flour and cook stirring for a minute or two.
- Slowly start adding milk while stirring continuously till the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add red chili flakes, oregano, and black pepper.
- Now add cheese and mix well.
- Now add boiled pasta and stir-fried veggies. Mix well.