Fajita pasta is a spicy flavorful Mexican cuisine. It is a creamy pasta with spices and bell peppers. The spice gives a nice flavor to the pasta and its creaminess balances the flavor and makes the pasta amazing. It is made with penne pasta, bell peppers, onion, milk, and a melange of spices which you can enjoy for your lunch or dinner.
Mexican fajita pasta is tastiest and creamiset pasta recipe. It is packed with flavors with colorful veggies with milk and cheese. The combination of veggies makes the pasta appealing. It has spicy seasoning which gives a nice flavor to the pasta. It is like a fusion recipe that combines Italian and Mexican together. It gives the new fusion recipe to pasta lovers.
What Is Fajita?
Fajita is a dish of Mexican origin which consisting of strips of chicken, beef, vegetables, and grated cheese which is usually served in a taco or tortilla. The term fajita was originally referred to as skirt steak, the cut of beef first used in the dish. It has popular use of chicken or beef, as well as vegetables. It is sizzling hot and served with guacamole, pico de gallo, queso, salsa, shredded cheese, and sour cream.
Fajita is a word that comes from the word faja which means strip or belt though this dish is referred to the strips of beef, chicken, and vegetables which use tri-color bell pepper popularly. The first evidence fajita dish is from Mexican ranch workers living in West Texas in the late 1930s and early 1940s.
Read More : Lip Smacking Red Sauce Pasta
Fajita Pasta is a very simple recipe with few vegetables and cooked in lesser time and you can enjoy this for your lunch or dinner. It has fajita seasoning which makes the pasta extraordinary. I have made homemade spice mix but you can buy it from the store also. But homemade spice gives a nice flavor to the pasta and you can store this spice mix for many other dishes like tortillas wraps or tacos.
In this recipe I have used penne pasta you can use any pasta you want but try to use penne pasta or spiral pasta. In this recipe, I have used milk creamy texture if you want you can add cream to it also. I have used bell peppers and onion but you can use some more vegetables of your choice also.
FAJITA PASTA RECIPE
For Spice Mix
- Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Paprika powder 1/2 tsp
- Garlic powder 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper 1/4 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Pasta 2 cup
- Water 5 cups
- Oil 1tbsp + 1tbsp +2 tbsp
- Salt as taste
- Onion 1
- Green bell pepper 1/2
- Red bell pepper 1/2
- Yellow bell pepper 1/2
- Garlic 2-3 cloves
- Tomato 1
- Milk 300ml
- Processed cheese 1 cup
- In large boil water when water comes to boil add a tablespoon of oil and a pinch of salt to the water.
- Now add pasta to the boiling water.
- Let the pasta boil for 8-10 minutes or when it is cooked completely.
- Now strain the pasta and add a tablespoon of oil to the cooked pasta.
- Take a small bowl add cumin powder, paprika, red chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper, salt and mix it well.
- Now in a kadhai heat oil add chopped garlic to it.
- Add sliced onion to it and fry till it becomes translucent.
- Now add green bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, tomato to it and cook it for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add the spice mix to the vegetables and mix it well.
- Add milk to it and bring it to a boil.
- Now add grated cheese to it and then add boiled pasta to it and mix it well.
- Garnish fajita pasta it with cheese and paprika.