Chicken cobbler is a delicious and hearty dish that is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. This easy-to-make dish is made with simple ingredients and can be served as a main course or side dish. Whether you’re looking for a new family favorite or a dish to impress your guests, this chicken cobbler recipe is sure to do the trick!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup of biscuit mix
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 9-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut the chicken breasts into cubes and season with garlic powder, black pepper, and salt.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter. When the butter is melted, add the chicken and onions. Cook the chicken and onions until the chicken is cooked through and the onions are softened.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup, shredded cheese, and mixed vegetables to the skillet and stir until everything is combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, biscuit mix, paprika, and milk.
- Pour the chicken and vegetable mixture into the greased baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Pour the biscuit mix over the top of the chicken and vegetables.
- Bake the cobbler in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the biscuit topping is golden brown.
- Remove the cobbler from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve the chicken cobbler warm with a side of steamed vegetables or a green salad.
- Add a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt for an extra creamy and tangy flavor.
- Top with chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, chives, or thyme for an extra flavor boost.
- Swap out the cream of mushroom