It is a crispy corn tacos that is topped with creamy coleslaw and sriracha spiced crispy sweet corn. It is filled with thinly sliced apples that are tossed along with onion, cabbage, and carrots and mixed along with mayonnaise, salt, and crushed black pepper adds to the creaminess. Then tacos are topped with sriracha sauce coated deep-fried crispy corn.
It is a fusion of fresh creamy salad with spicy crispy corn. Crunchy corn tacos are topped with this combination as an appetizer for a party. It has a great combination of spicy and creamy as they both balance the flavor and enjoyed best with tacos. In this recipe, I have used readymade veeba sriracha sauce but you can make this at home also.
Sriracha sauce is a type of hot sauce or chili sauce made from a paste of chilies. It was invented in Thailand in Sri Racha. It is frequently used as a dipping sauce. It is made with chili peppers, sugar, garlic, distilled vinegar, and salt. Let it ferment it for 3-5 days after that blend the sauce again and strain the sauce. Boil the sauce for 5-10 minutes and it is ready.
Read More : Recipe Of Fruity Tart Chaat
It has crispy spicy corn as sweet corn is coated in a flour and sriracha sauce then it is deep-fried. Corn gets crispiness from flour and spiciness from the sauce that made a perfect combination. To make the corn spicier you can drizzle a tablespoon of sauce on deep-fried corns.
It is filled with a refreshing creamy coleslaw. It consists of raw cabbage, apple, onion, and carrots and they are tossed with mayonnaise. It is a creamy type of salad that can be served as a side dish also but in this recipe, I have filled inside the tacos. In this recipe, I have used regular mayonnaise but to make it healthy you can use diet mayonnaise or yogurt.
Tacos are crispy and crunchy and which is filled with creamy coleslaw and spicy corn that makes the perfect fusion of the salad and corn. in this recipe, I have used corn tacos but you can also use wheat tacos. Taco is a traditional Mexican dish consisting of small hand-sized corn or wheat tortilla topped with a filling.
History Of Tacos
It is believed that the origin of the taco started in Mexican silver mines. Taquito is a Spanish word that translates to the small taco. It is believed that the word taco originally referred to pieces of paper that miners would wrap around gunpowder and use in holes that were carved into the face of the rock. A taco can be made with a variety of fillings, including beef, pork, chicken, seafood, vegetables, and cheese, allowing great versatility and variety. They are often garnished with various condiments, such as salsa, guacamole, or sour cream, and vegetables, such as lettuce, onion, tomatoes, and chiles.
Recipe For Creamy Spicy Tacos
- Taco shells 7-8
Sriracha Crispy Corn
- Sweet corn 1 cup
- Corn flour 2 tsp
- All-purpose flour 2 tbsp
- Veeba sriracha sauce 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Apple (julienned) 1/2
- Cabbage (julienned) 1/2 cup
- Carrot (julienned) 1/2
- Onion (sliced) 1
- Mayonnaise2 tbsp
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- In a mixing bowl, add the julienned apples, carrots, cabbage, and onions.
- Stir in the mayo, crushed black pepper and salt. Squeeze in the lemon juice and stir it.
- Refrigerate the Apple Coleslaw.
- In a mixing bowl, add the sweet corn, cornflour, all-purpose flour, salt, and sriracha sauce. Stir it.
- In a skillet heat the oil for deep frying.
- Drop the flour-coated corn into the preheated oil and deep fry the corn until it gets crisp. Ensure you partially cover the pan while it is deep-frying, as the sweet corn will tend to pop in the hot oil and splash around.
- Once the corn is golden brown and crisp, drain the excess oil and place it in paper towels.
- Take the taco shell and fill the prepared salad and crispy corn.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.