Longhorn broccoli is a delicious vegetable dish that is easy to make and full of flavor. This recipe combines fresh broccoli florets with a creamy, cheesy sauce that is sure to please. The dish is simple to make and is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Whether you’re looking for a side dish or a main course, this longhorn broccoli recipe is sure to satisfy.
- 2 heads of fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Once melted, stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add in milk, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted.
- Place broccoli florets in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Pour cheese sauce over broccoli and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until broccoli is tender.
This longhorn broccoli recipe takes approximately 25 minutes to prepare and cook.
This recipe yields 4-6 servings.
This dish can be customized to your liking. Feel free to add other vegetables such as mushrooms, peppers, or onions. You can also add cooked chicken or shrimp for a heartier meal.
- Be sure to stir the cheese sauce constantly to avoid lumps.
- For a creamier sauce, add an additional 1/4 cup of milk.
- For a spicier dish, add in some chili powder or cayenne pepper.
This longhorn broccoli recipe is an easy and delicious way to enjoy a healthy side dish or main course. With its creamy cheese sauce and flavorful garlic powder, this dish is sure to be a hit with everyone. Try it today and enjoy!