Making peanut butter cookies can be a fun and delicious activity for the whole family. Not only are these treats tasty, but they are also relatively easy to make. However, some recipes require the use of brown sugar, which some people do not have on hand. Fortunately, it is possible to make a delicious peanut butter cookie without the need for brown sugar. This article will provide a step-by-step guide to making a peanut butter cookie without brown sugar.
Preparing the Dough
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Gather ¾ cup of creamy peanut butter, ½ cup of granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1 large egg.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the peanut butter, sugar, baking soda, and egg until all of the ingredients are well-combined.
Mixing the Ingredients
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1 cup of all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract until fully incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until the dough is evenly mixed.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- After the dough has chilled, roll it into 1-inch balls and place them on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Flatten each ball slightly with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
Baking the Cookies
- After 10 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the cookies cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Cooling the Cookies
- Once the cookies have cooled completely, enjoy them as a snack or dessert.
- The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week.
Enjoying the Treat
- Serve the cookies with a glass of cold milk or a cup of hot tea or coffee.
- Share the cookies with friends and family.
- Top the cookies with a scoop of ice cream for an extra special treat.
Making peanut butter cookies without brown sugar is easy and delicious. With this simple recipe, you can make a delicious treat that the whole family will enjoy. So gather the ingredients, preheat the oven, and get ready to make a batch of delicious peanut butter cookies without the need for brown sugar