An anonymous quote says, “Life is a journey. Travel it well”. This quote holds very true when it comes to train journeys. While travelling by train gives the passengers a chance to travel through the countryside and enjoy the scenic beauty. Getting a chance to travel through rivers, mountains, forests, etc. makes a train journey quite a pleasure.
However, to ensure nothing comes between you and your safe journey, it’s important to follow these steps. Given below are certain tips for a safe and pleasurable train journey.
- Always travel light: Unless you are travelling for work, you are bound to have some luggage with you. But, in order to have a comfortable journey, it’s important that you avoid carrying unnecessary things as luggage. They not only cause trouble to fellow passengers but may also cause discomfort to you. Many trains keep a check on the amount of luggage that a passenger can carry. Carrying luggage beyond the permissible limit may cost you, both in terms of money and convenience.
- Always book your tickets in advance: Given the huge gap between the population and the number of trains, there is often a lot of rush for confirmed tickets. The situation becomes worse during vacations, festivals, and marriage season. So, if you don’t want to face inconvenience during the journey, it’s always better to book your tickets in advance. You may book your tickets on Railofy. The mobile app lets you know the seat position on all trains running on your chosen route. You may compare travel time, travel route, fare, and availability, and then book your ticket through Railofy.
- Always carry a confirmed ticket with you: There may be situations when you do not get a confirmed ticket at the time of booking. Your ticket may be RAC or even waitlisted. In this case, it’s important that you keep track of the ticket confirmation status. Railofy, the railway mobile app, allows you to track the PNR status. If your ticket gets confirmed, you get a notification on the app. This helps you avoid unnecessary hassle when travelling without a confirmed ticket.
- Track your track running status: India is a developing country, and so is the railway infrastructure. Due to inadequate infrastructure, heavy passenger and freight traffic, and some other manmade reasons, the trains get delayed. Also, sometimes trains get delayed due to natural reasons like fog, floods, and heavy rains. Sometimes, this delay may last several hours. Hence, before you leave for the station, it’s better to check the train’s running position. With Railofy, the mobile train app, you can easily check the current position of your train. It also tells you the expected arrival and departure times of your train at your station. Railofy gives you the most accurate information and real-time updates on the movement of your train.
- Reach the railway station well in time: Once you have checked the train running status, keep sufficient margin between the time you leave from your home and the train departure time. While doing that, it’s important to keep the distance in mind, possible traffic congestion, or something else that may require more time to reach the station. Once you reach the station, your platform and coach may be at some distance from the entrance, which would take some time to cover. Here, too, Railofy can help you. Railofy, the mobile train app, helps you know the platform number and the position of your coach so that you can plan things accordingly.
- Accepting eatables from strangers: Though it may sound rude, in your own safety interest, don’t accept anything to eat or drink from strangers. The food item may be drugged, and you may end up risking your valuables or even your life. A better way is to order food online through Railofy. It’s safe and reliable. You not only get fresh, hygienic, and tasty food, but you also get it delivered to your seat. So, whenever you cross a city by train, you may order your favourite dish from the restaurant of your choice.
- Ordering food in train: While travelling, the biggest concern is getting a fresh, hygienic, and tasty meal in the train. If you carry home-cooked food, you can get hygienic food, but it may not be fresh, cumbersome to carry, or even have restrictions in terms of options. Ordering food available at the railway stations may not be fresh and hygienic. However, with Railofy, you can enjoy your favourite dish from the best restaurants in the city, which is fresh, hygienic, tasty, and affordable as well. And that’s not all; Railofy ensures you get the food delivered directly to your seat, so you don’t have to run around to get a good meal.
- Be careful during your journey: When travelling by train, always be close to your luggage. Once you get on the train, chain your luggage properly. Have a personal bag to keep your personal valuables like cash, credit cards, keys, train tickets, etc., and always carry it with you wherever you go.
Make your Indian train journey an unforgettable experience with Railofy. From booking tickets to checking PNR status, ordering food, and tracking live train status, Railofy offers a one-stop solution for all your travel needs. Elevate your train travel with Railofy’s comprehensive services. Download our app now and embark on a memorable, hassle-free journey.
A train journey is a pleasurable experience. It gives you a chance to enjoy natural beauty in its actual form. In addition, it also gives you a chance to interact with people from different cultures and backgrounds, which may turn into lifelong friendships. However, it’s important to be a little careful while travelling so that your train journey may not become a nightmare for the rest of your life. Following a few basic safety precautions can ensure that you not just reach your destination but also reach there with safety, convenience, and sweet memories.