A crispy noodle nest is filled with stir-fried veggies and paneer in schezwan sauce. It has crispy noodles with stir-fried spicy veggies. It is a fusion recipe in which boiled noodles are tossed with cornflour and deep-fried in a strainer to give the nest shape. The crispy nest is topped with stir-fried paneer, corn, bell pepper, and onion.
The filling is spicy as it consists of a variety of hot and sweet sauces which is mixed with cottage cheese chunks and veggies. It is a perfect combination of crispy noodles with spicy veggies and paneer. In the recipe I have used ready-made schezwan sauce but can make this at home also and store it for a longer time and can be used with cutlets, paratha, sandwiches, etc
Home Made Schezwan Sauce
It is the spicy hot chili sauce made from dry red chili, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, and salt. For schezwan sauce soak the chili in water for 30 minutes. Now make the smooth paste of the chili. Heat the oil in a pan add ginger garlic paste saute it for a minute. Now add the chili paste and let it boil for a few minutes. Now add soy sauce, salt, and vinegar. Cool the sauce completely and store it in a glass jar.
Read More : Phirni : Broken Rice Pudding
It is a party appetizer that made distinct recipes to come together. It is a fusion recipe of noodles with spicy paneer and veggies. To make the noodle nest toss the boiled noodles in cornflour it can combine all the noodles and make the nest crisp. While making the nest make sure that water is drained out properly then toss them in cornflour. Noodles are a type of food made from unleavened dough which is rolled flat and cut, stretched or extruded, into long strips or strings.
History Of Noodles
The origin of thin, string-like pieces of dough that are often dried and then cooked in boiling water. It is found in China at (25–220 CE). It became a staple food for the people of the Han dynasty. Noodles are a kind of cereal food in China which is the main body of the traditional Chinese diet. It is the main source of energy for Chinese people and the most economical energy food.
Other theories suggest noodles were first made in the Middle East and introduced to Italy by the Arabs. Italians are widely credited for popularizing the food in Europe and spreading it around the world. As, pasta has taken on a variety of shapes, often based on regional specializations.
Schezwan Noodle Nest
- Noodles 50 gm
- Water 3 cups
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Cornflour 2 tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Paneer 150 gm
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Ginger 1 tbsp
- Garlic 1 tbsp
- Onion 1
- Bell pepper 1/2
- Sweet corn 1/2 cup
- Ketchup 2 tbsp
- Red chili sauce 1 tbsp
- Schezwan sauce 2 tbsp
- Salt as taste
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Water 4 tbsp
- Spring onion 5 tbsp
- In a pot boil water add oil and salt.
- Now add noodles and boil the noodles.
- Drain the noodles in the sieve.
- Pour cold water on the noodles.
- Spread the noodles on the tray.
- Add cornflour to the noodles.
- In a skillet heat the oil.
- Take a portion of noodles and place them in the sieve into a circular shape like a nest.
- Fry until it becomes crisp and golden, then drain on the absorbent paper.
- Now in a pan heat oil.
- Add ginger, garlic and saute it well.
- Now add chopped onions and cook till it becomes translucent.
- Add bell pepper, sweet corn, and cook it well.
- Now add ketchup, red chili sauce, schezwan sauce, black pepper, and salt.
- Add water and cook for a few seconds.
- Now add paneer and spring onions.
- Mix it well.
- Place the noodle nest on the plate.
- Then pour 2-3 tbsp of filling on the nest.
- Garnish it with spring onions.