Peri-Peri Sandwich is a spicy sandwich that is grilled to perfection and filled with vegetables, paneer, and cheese. It is a delicious recipe that you can try at home as an evening snack or a breakfast recipe. The star of this recipe is peri-peri spice which makes the simple sandwich an extraordinary one. It has a burst of spices with a mix of spices when it infuses in a dish and gives a nice flavor.
Peri-peri is a spice that is made from mixing different spices and giving a nice twist of flavors with some kitchen spices. It can be easily stored in a box for months and you can use many of the ingredients to enhance the flavor with a twist. It is also known as piri -piri or peri-peri which is originated from South Africa.
Peri-peri spice is one of the popular spice mixes that is mixed with french fries and popular among the millenials because of the amazing taste. With chili powder and flakes, garlic, spice powders, and herbs that tickle your taste buds. It is a combination of spices it can be spicy according to your taste buds in which you can add red chili powder more or less.
Read More : Crispy Bombay Toasty
Peri-peri seasoning has wonderful flavors that you can easily make at home. The seasoning blend is made up of easily available spices. You can use this spice in many other recipes also. This sandwich recipe is healthy. It is a high protein diet which has lots of vegetables and paneer which full of nutrients which you can eat to start your day.
Peri-Peri Sandwich Recipe
For Peri-Peri Mix
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Garlic powder 1 tsp
- Ginger powder 1 tsp
- Dried oregano 1 tsp
- Black salt 1 tsp
- Powdered sugar 1 tsp
- Paneer 200gm
- Tomato (chopped) 1/4 cup
- Capsicum (chopped) 1/4 cup
- Onion (chopped) 1/4 cup
- Sweet corn 1/4 cup
- Fresh coriander 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Processed cheese 1/2 cup
- Peri-peri mix 4 tbsp
- Bread slices 8
- Butter 4 tbsp
- Mix all the spices for the peri-peri mix, it can be stored in a jar and keep it in a cool and dry place.
- In a mixing bowl, add paneer, all the veggies, salt, and peri-peri mix and combine all the ingredients.
- Now add grated cheese to the mixture and mix it well.
- On the bread, slice spread the layer of butter.
- Add a spoonful of veggies filling or as much you wish to add on a slice.
- Now take the other slice of bread and spread a layer of butter on both sides and close it.
- Grease the grill with butter and grill the sandwich for 3-4 minutes or until it becomes crisp or golden brown.
- Sandwich is ready to serve, cut them into triangles and serve it with ketchup or any dip of your choice.