Before this week, I was a french toast girl. But this recipe changed my mind. Apple cinnamon toast is a simple recipe. It’s not that I hated waffles or pancakes but over french toast any day of the week given the option. This is one of my favorite recipes.
This recipe is easy, insanely delicious and takes max 5 minutes to make. This the best morning breakfast and a tasty dessert. It is a perfect treat at any time of the day. It is my recipe with some changes in the original one. It is best for breakfast as it consists of nutritious ingredients that are best to start a day.
Take a slice of your brown bread and then toast it. Top with a tablespoon of peanut butter and spread it on the bread slice evenly. Add sliced apple on the bread slice. Top it with pistachios and granola with some sprinkle of cinnamon powder. For making it more sweeter drizzle maple syrup on it. Cut the bread slice and serve.
Maple syrup is a natural sweetener. It is claimed to be healthier and more nutritious than sugar. Maple syrup contains a small number of minerals, such as manganese and zinc. The active compounds in maple syrup have been shown to reduce the growth of cancer cells and may also slow down the breakdown of carbohydrates in your digestive tract.
History Of Maple Syrup
The tradition of collecting sap and making maple syrup likely began one spring when temperatures rose from freezing at night into the 40s or 50s during the day allowing the sap to run. Whether Native Americans or French explorers were the first to boil down sap to make maple sugar.
From the 17th century dairy farmers just needed a source of sweetener that was better and cheaper than sugar or molasses — drilled small holes in the trees during the brief weather window between winter and spring. (Sap typically runs out of maple trees on days when the temperature is around 40 degrees following a night when the mercury dropped below freezing.) The farmers hung buckets under the drilled holes. They boiled the sap and water evaporates and lastly it is left with brown sweet syrup.
Facts About Cinnamon
Cinnamon is not only a spice it is a medicine also. From food and drink to medicine, cinnamon is a very versatile and ancient product – with some claiming civilizations using it over 4,000 years ago. It can be used in array of illness. Have you ever been thought why its unique?
It is unique because of its charecterstics, flavor and taste. A pinch of cinnamon adds the taste to any royal dessert. It is also helpuful in medicines and used as to cure the diseases. The facts are:
- The bark of cinnamon is one of the few spices that can be consumed in its raw state.
- Cinnamon is high in fiber and calcium which helps improve colon health.
- Cinnamon is a powerful antioxidant that aids in controlling blood sugar.
- Cinnamon also contains other minerals such as iron and magnesium.
- Sri Lanka produce around 90% of the cinnamon variety used across the world.
- An oil extracted from cinnamon, eugenol, has been used as a local anesthetic and antiseptic by dentists.
Here is the recipe of the Apple Cinnamon Toast, just give it a try and make sure to let me know what you think about it.
Apple Cinnamon Toast Recipe
- Brown Bread 2 slice
- Peanut Butter 20 gm
- Apple (thinlysliced) 6 slice
- Cinnamon 1tsp
- Granola 1 tbsp
- Pistachios 1 tsp
- Maple Syrup 2 tsp
- Toast the slice of brown bread.
- Apply a layer of peanut butter and add the perfectly sliced apple.
- Top it with granola and pistachios, adding a pinch of cinnamon powder.
- Drizzle maple syrup on top.